Client Based Approach
At Shared Apprenticeships, we deliver employment and skills interventions which can support tendering contractors when completing any Employment and Skills Plan (ESP) and reassure planning and procurement teams using the CITB Client Based Approach and seven KPIs.
1. Work placements (in education)
- Our apprentices are all on work placements with contractors
- We offer a bespoke Pre-Apprenticeship placement to support those who have yet to attain entry-level qualifications
2. Jobs created
- We employ young people from the local community (typically aged 16-21 years)
- We create new jobs
- We create new skills through apprenticeships
3. Careers events
- We engage with local schools and colleges across the region
- We support careers activities such as mock interviews and careers fairs
- We help to raise aspirations and awareness of opportunities in the industry
- We engage with organisations that deliver inspirational activities such as job shops, bootcamps, careers events, and work experience
4. Training weeks
- All our employees (outside the central team) are undertaking formal training
- Most are on apprenticeships
- We routinely recruit new apprentices to work for us on placement with contractors
5. Qualifications achieved
- Our apprentices are all working towards a nationally recognised qualification – Level 2 to Level 4.
- We are committed to completions and support our apprentices with academic supervision.
- All our apprentices complete recognised Health & Safety training
6. Training plans
- Our company Training Plan details our structured approach to training and developing the workforce.
- We review this annually in line with our business planning
7. Case studies
- We can usually support with a relevant case study to showcase the support our service can provide
- Each month we also recognise the achievement of one of our apprentices with an award, and social media coverage