- We use social media to raise awareness of careerpaths in the local area.
- We use a variety of role model imagery to widen appeal.
- We have a website careers page dedicated to ‘Why Construction?’
- We offer Pre-Apprenticeships to provide additional support whilst securing the entry requirements for an apprenticeship.
- We employ entry-level apprentices and so widen participation in the industry.
- We make the opportunities more accessible by:
- supporting our apprentices with a dedicated Mentor and academic supervision.
- recruiting locally and enabling most of our apprentices to continue to live at home.
Raising awareness of opportunities
- We are in direct contact with school, college and independent careers staff across the region.
- We also raise awareness of our local vacancies with youth-support organisations and influencers in the region.
Apprenticeships and jobs fairs
- We attend college-run and independent apprenticeship events across the region.
Supporting schools with Gatsby Benchmarks
- Learning from careers and labour market information.
- Addressing the needs of each student.
- Encounters with employers and employees.
School careers fairs
- We attend school careers events across the region.
- We support schools with careers activities including mock interviews.