Making a Difference
Shared Apprenticeships is a not-for-profit VCSE / Social Enterprise employing young people, typically aged 16-25 as apprentices in the Construction industry and wider Built Environment. We support and mentor our apprentices, aiming to see each one through to successful completion and onward progression into the industry. Contact Us for details and read our Testimonials here.
We are a member of the Supply Chain Sustainability School which is leading the way to a sustainable future within the Built Environment. The School exemplifies respect for the planet, colleagues, and wider society. It covers a wealth of topics from Waste, Carbon, Climate Change, Social Value, Fairness, Inclusion, Respect, Modern Slavery, and other sustainability issues, and inspires its members to deliver positive change.
- Fairness – we implement and monitor a culture of fairness, inclusion and respect through our business including recruitment practices, people management, and retention.
- Modern Slavery – we understand the requirements of the Modern Slavery Act and the due diligence we need to take in order to comply with the Act.
- Local Job Seekers – we reach out and engage with jobs brokerage services and job seekers from local communities and targeted groups.
- Responsible approach – we understand the connection between inclusive and responsible employment practices and staff retention.
- Training plan – we monitor the skills we have within our business, understand the skills we need in the future, and actively plan to bridge the gap.
- People development – we continually develop our people to ensure they have the skills we need now and in the future. We forecast and plan for an appropriately skilled workforce for future needs.
- Well-being – we apply regulations and internal requirements to promote the mental and physical wellbeing of our employees.
- Business ethics – we operate with integrity and have developed an ethical policy based on our values and those of our stakeholders.
- Supplier diversity – we understand client requirements and stakeholder expectations and how to operate inclusively. We pay our apprentices promptly and report our payment performance regularly.
Commitment to Apprenticeships
With almost all our employees on apprenticeships or learning programme, we are proud to show our commitment to developing our people by joining The 5% Club, an industry led initiative focussed on driving momentum into the recruitment of apprentices, graduates, and sponsored students. The 5% Club is a movement of more than 800 employers providing ‘earn and learn’ opportunities to develop the skills and talents people need to become more employable and create meaningful careers. Member companies have the opportunity to achieve accredited Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum membership status through the annual Employer Audit. Please Contact Us to find out how Shared Apprenticeships can help achieve that.