At Shared Apprenticeships, there is an additional environmental benefit to our offer:
- Environmental policy – we are committed to minimising our environmental impact.
- Air quality – we monitor the use of vehicles to minimise health risks due to air emissions.
- Sustainability strategy – we understand how to drive best practice in sustainability using a framework such as the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Read more on our Making a Difference page.
Central team –
- Waste – we aim to minimise waste by recycling and by monitoring responsible sourcing of materials.
- Emissions – we aim to minimise our carbon footprint by working remotely and proactively seeking ways to reduce mileage.
Our Apprentices –
- Work – Keeping our apprentices local, and working on construction sites as near as possible to their hometown
- College – Ensuring wherever possible that our apprentices have the option to study their course on block release or in the workplace
- Travel – Funding a saver Railcard for those apprentices able / wanting to travel by train instead of driving
- waste awareness – e.g., surface water management and recycling
- minimising the environmental impact of construction projects
- understanding of the sustainability issues in projects across economic, social and environmental aspects
- assessing, identifying and recording the environmental impact of projects
- understanding the principles of environmentally responsible work practices
- knowledge of environmental factors when undertaking construction work and potential impacts
- compliance with environmental requirements