Safeguarding our young apprentices
- Enhanced DBS.
- Prevent training.
- Safeguarding qualification (Level 2).
- Designated Safeguarding Lead (Level 3).
Alert to the mental health of our apprentices
- Mental Health First Aid qualified.
Adapting to the communication needs of our apprentices
- Available throughout the week.
- Always there in times of need.
- Adapting communication channel to best suit individual apprentices – e.g., texting.
Seeking regular updates
- Alert to any issues at home or on site.
- Monitored by our Business Operations Manager.
In regular contact with contractors on site
- Checking attendance and attitude to work.
- Arranging interventions if ever required.
- Minimising potential issues by ‘nipping them in the bud’.
Seeking opportunities to recognise success
- Nominating apprentices for Apprentice of the Month.
- Identifying PR opportunities to raise awareness of careers in construction and the Shared Apprenticeship model.