At Shared Apprenticeships, there is an environmental benefit to our offer:
- Environmental policy – we are committed to minimising our environmental impact.
- Air quality – we monitor the use of vehicles to minimise health risks due to air emissions.
- Sustainability strategy – we understand how to drive best practice in sustainability using a framework such as the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Read more on our Making a Difference page.
Management Team –
- Waste – we minimise waste by recycling and by monitoring responsible sourcing of materials.
- Emissions – we minimise our carbon footprint by working remotely and proactively seeking ways to reduce mileage.
- Printing – we use recycled paper and keep paper printing to a minimum.
- Mileage – we ensure multi-purpose journeys and carefully selected vehicles to minimise emissions.
- Meetings – the team meet remotely wherever possible and select venues based on distance and environmental impact.
Our Apprentices –
- Digitalised processes – our apprentices use digital timesheets and an HR management APP to minimise paper and postage.
- Work – our apprentices work on construction sites as near as possible to their hometown.
- College – wherever possible our apprentices travel to a local college, and some can attend on block release.
- Travel – we provide a saver Railcard for those apprentices able / wanting to travel by train instead of driving.
- Study – our apprentices are working towards Apprenticeship Standards, most of which incorporate sustainability and environmental considerations. Examples include:
- waste awareness – e.g., surface water management and recycling
- minimising the environmental impact – of construction projects
- understanding sustainability issues – in projects across economic, social and environmental aspects
- identifying, assessing, and recording – the environmental impact of projects
- understanding the principles – of environmentally responsible work practices
- knowledge of environmental factors – when undertaking construction work and potential impacts
- compliance – with environmental requirements
- Green Apprenticeships – we can employ apprentices on any sustainable apprenticeship where they are on placement in the construction industry and wider built environment.