Who We Are
Shared Apprenticeships is a local employer with a difference.
- Entry-level apprentices – we employ construction apprentices, typically aged 16-21 years, in site management, technical and trade roles.
- Learning locally – our apprentices gain vital industry experience on local work placements with contractors and training with a local college or specialist provider.
- Support and guidance – we provide our apprentices with a dedicated Mentor, Designated Safeguarding Lead, and academic supervision.
- Committed to completions – we aim to see our apprentices through to completion and onward progression into full-time employment and/or a higher/degree apprenticeship in the industry.
- Benefiting the industry – we deliver social impact, potential future recruits, flexible options, and an easy-to-use service.
- Benefiting providers – we are specialist apprentice employers, experienced at using the DAS account, and committed to completions.
Shared Apprenticeships launched in 2015 as the South West Shared Apprenticeship Company Limited, contracted to deliver the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) shared apprenticeship scheme in south-west England, as we still do today. See Our Locations.
By delivering the CITB shared service, we can offer part-funded, flexible contract periods to help the industry support apprentices where a contractor is unable to offer work for the full duration of the apprenticeship. It has also enabled us to create additional careers in construction and commit to apprenticeship completions for our apprentices.
To help address the future skills shortage in the industry, most of our apprentices are aged 16-21-years.
We therefore provide a dedicated Mentor for support and guidance who has Enhanced DBS, Prevent training, Safeguarding and Mental Health First Aid qualifications. And we employ a Level 3-qualified Designated Safeguarding Lead for additional support where needed.
Our vision is to ensure widening participation in the construction industry with entry-level career paths for local apprentices.
Our mission is to work collaboratively with key stakeholders to create careers in construction and:
- deliver social impact and qualitative outcomes as a not-for-profit Social Enterprise
- support our apprentices through to completion and onward progression as potential future recruits for the industry
- be adaptable and able to provide flexible options
- ensure we offer a quality experience and easy-to-use service.
- Apprentice first
- Add value
- Think local
- Make a difference
- Quality experience