PR & Testimonials
Awards – we actively seek to celebrate the achievements of our apprentices:
- Apprentice of the Month – Certificate and voucher awarded on the recommendation of Mentor, college and local site team.
- Regional awards – Check our social media pages for details of the latest awards for the business and for our apprentices.
- Main Contractor awards – We are delighted when one of our apprentices is recognised by their host contractor.
Schools Engagement – we are in regular contact with schools across the region – e.g., via social media, email, and careers activities.
College engagement – we are in regular contact with providers across the region – e.g., via social media, academic supervision, recruitment and onboarding new apprentices.
Social Media – we are active in promoting our apprentices and their host contractors across four channels:
- “Thank you to Shared Apprenticeships and Kier Group for giving me the opportunity to work in the construction industry. I look forward to the future to come!” – EB, Site Management Apprentice, Devon
- “The bus turns out to be a bit faster and way cheaper!” (Mentor review of travel) – CP, Electrical Apprentice, Devon
- “Thank you again for the support. Thank you for everything I really appreciate it.” – JF, Roofing Apprentice, Somerset
- “We would highly recommend Shared Apprenticeships as an early careers path into the construction industry. They provide mentoring, liaise with college and the Institution of Civil Engineers, pay on time, and answer any questions we may have. We are now progressing on to a degree apprenticeship with the main contractor that we have been with on placement throughout and expect to complete this early as the result of our prior qualification.” – LP & KR, Civil Engineering Apprentices, Bristol
- “I can’t highly recommend Shared Apprenticeships enough. If you are a school or college leaver looking for a great opportunity in Construction then this is for you! During your apprenticeship you get to experience the industry first hand in your chosen discipline and there’s a huge variety of contractors, so you gain the very best skills and knowledge and progress in your role, becoming qualified while working, and being paid all at the same time. It led me to join the main contractor I was with on a management trainee position which was an amazing opportunity! Without Shared Apprenticeships, I would not be where I am today.” – HS, Site Management Trainee, Bristol
- ““It is a bonus if (contractors) go through Shared Apprenticeships because they get additional support so it’s a win : win. Shared Apprenticeships are doing all the legwork!” – EP, South Devon College, Devon
- “Bridgwater and Taunton College have worked with Shared Apprenticeships for many years and always been very impressed with their commitment to supporting young people into the construction industry on apprenticeships. Two of our T-Level students have progressed onto Design and Build apprenticeships working on placement with main contractors via the Shared Apprenticeships service, and we look forward to more opportunities to work with the team going forward.” – JT, Business and Relationship Manager, Bridgwater & Taunton College
- “The relationship we have with Shared Apprenticeships is second to none. Communication is open and honest, and we keep each other in the loop of what’s happening at all times. The help they provide to our apprentices is positive, supportive and nurturing. This is a real collaborative approach to supporting both apprentices and employers and one we wish to continue in the future.” – KK, Performance Manager, Juniper Training Ltd
- “Working with Shared Apprenticeships we can support the development and growth of professional and trade apprentices. The partnership between BAM, Shared Apprenticeships and our supply chain has been successful seeing new talent enter the industry and go on to build their own careers. Shared Apprenticeships continually mentor and manage the apprentices whilst we provide the environment for the apprentice to develop and improve the skills required to be successful. It is a great opportunity to grow talent in the industry.” – GK, Regional Director, BAM Construction
- “We had spent a long time wondering whether or not to employ an apprentice. We really wanted to give a young person a chance but were put off by the admin and commitment involved. Shared Apprenticeships made it simple and relatively risk free. Now we have a great addition to our workforce and a young person has been given an opportunity. I’d happily recommend them to anyone.” – JI, Director, Confidence Group, Dorset
- “Galliford Try have worked with the Shared Apprenticeship scheme for over 5 years and value their services immensely. Previous candidates have gone on to degree apprenticeships at university and are now permanent members of our teams. The shared apprenticeship model allows us to find and employ local candidates. Where we have a framework commitment or shorter-term project in specific regions, we cannot always offer a full-term apprenticeship. This model gives us the opportunity to share an apprentice and enable his/her successful completion of their course with another construction company. I have suggested to other local councils across the country that they too use this model.” – DJ, Galliford Try Building, West Mids & South West
- “Balfour Beatty are proud to work alongside Shared Apprenticeships to provide opportunities for young people to begin their journey into the construction sector. Shared Apprenticeships value and care about the progress of their Apprentices, providing an additional layer of support for both the Apprentice and the Company.” – MC-D, Social Sustainability Specialist, Balfour Beatty Regional Civils
- “I learned so much from your workshop. Wonderful to have the opportunity to learn from such a knowledgeable professional, who not only talks the talk but who is as passionate as ever about construction and apprenticeships.” – TN, Northen Surveying Services
- “I lead on the CITB CBA accreditation for all construction projects and have been working with Shared Apprenticeships since 2015. During this time, I have found them to be reliable, trustworthy and professional. Their support is paramount to the success of projects, and this has led to targets being reached over and above expectations. Most importantly the collaboration has ensured our construction companies recruit, train, and retain the best of the talent pool.” – CD, Employment, Skills & Training Manager, SDC, Somerset
- “For any construction business thinking of taking on an apprentice, Shared Apprenticeships offers fantastic support to help you to source, hire and train apprentices in a wide range of construction management and trade skills. “ – CK, Employment & Apprenticeships Officer, Cornwall Council
- “This is absolutely perfect! It is exactly what is needed by the sector. Great for levelling up and an amazing opportunity to attract a far more diverse workforce and bring young people into the profession.” – SN, Head of Early Engagement, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- “ICE is pleased to be working with Shared Apprenticeships to support entry-level civil engineering apprentices into the profession. A clear benefit for apprentices on these pathways is the opportunity to engage with their professional network at an early career stage and to secure professional qualifications which demonstrate competence and provide assurance to society.” – AMC, Membership Manager, Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- ““We really value the support we receive from Shared Apprenticeships in terms of raising awareness of local vacancies and spending time with students and their families at our careers events.” – HJ, QE School Wimborne, Dorset
- “That’s amazing … (we) filled out the application form on the website this morning and already someone has made contact to have a call to discuss opportunities! Super speedy efficient service!” – GW, Careers Adviser, Broadoak Academy, Bristol
- “We have found Shared Apprenticeships to be excellent both in terms of proactively engaging with our students and parents/carers at careers events and the provision and range of opportunities.” – CB, Careers Lead, Backwell School, North Somerset
- “We recognise the mutually beneficial work that Shared Apprenticeships offer young people and employers. Their service helps more apprentices find rewarding careers in construction and the built environment and we promote them and collaborate wherever possible.” – DC, Building Greater Exeter, Devon
- “Having the option to refer employers and apprentices to the simple, straightforward and unique option that Shared Apprenticeships offers is really exciting and gives us a depth in our information advice and guidance portfolio.” – MM, Building Plymouth, Devon
- “Simplifying the recruitment and employment experience for both apprentices and employers is of enormous value. The innovative approach of Shared Apprenticeships, plus their willingness to collaborate with many other stakeholders, widens participation and brings huge benefit to all those seeking to increase the numbers of young people accessing and succeeding in built environment careers”. – RL, Chief Dot-joiner, Building People
- “Shared Apprenticeships can really help construction businesses in Torbay benefit from hiring an apprentice without the long-term commitment of a permanent contract. It’s a win-win situation for the apprentice and the business. I urge any construction company, big or small, to look into this fantastic opportunity to enhance their workforce with enthusiastic and hard-working local learners.” – HD, Build Torbay