At Shared Apprenticeships, we offer four key benefits to companies offering an industry placement for one of our apprentices in the construction industry and wider built environment.
- Qualitative outcomes – delivering across all 5 Themes of the Social Value Model and National TOMs Framework, all 7 KPIs of the Client Based Approach and 9 of the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals. Read more here.
- Not-for-profit Social Enterprise – supporting contractors by adding value to bids.
- Economic impact – school activities; local employment for young people; creating careers in construction; committed to completions.
- Wellbeing & Innovation – dedicated Mentor with Enhanced DBS, Prevent training, Safeguarding and Mental Health First Aid qualifications, also providing academic supervision.
- Environmental impact – e.g., minimising carbon emissions. Read more here.
- Helping to address inequality – Pre-Apprenticeship option; focus on ED&I and experience of recruiting and supporting females into the industry.
Potential future recruits
- Committed to completions – aiming to see our apprentices to completion and CSCS upgrades, not to abandon at HNC
- Onward progression – steering our apprentices into full-time employment and/or a higher/degree apprenticeship in the industry.
- Widening participation – creating additional careers in construction, offering early-careers pathways, and employing a wide variety of apprentices.
- No recruitment fees – our apprentices are free to apply to work directly for a contractor on completion of their apprenticeship at no extra cost.
- Quality applicants –
- CITB – as a shared apprenticeship service, we provide flexible contract periods where a contractor is unable to offer work for the full apprenticeship.
- Flexi-Job Apprenticeship Agency – we are approved by the Department for Education to offer flexible contract durations to host companies.
- Agile and adaptable – e.g., bespoke rates of apprentice pay and/or expenses.
- Flexible start dates – we can usually arrange mid-year start dates with colleges and specialist training providers.
- Paid Pre-Apprenticeships – paid placements for those requiring additional academic supervision and qualifications prior to starting an apprenticeship.
- Accelerated Apprenticeships – enabling many of our apprentices to complete in less time than published in the Apprenticeship Standards.
- Transparent pricing – secure a Shared Apprentice and potential future employee for less than the rate for a labourer.
- Recruitment* – advertising, shortlisting and interviewing local candidates (*we are the employer).
- Onboarding – arranging health and safety training, CSCS cards (or equivalent), induction, and PPE.
- College – experienced at sourcing training and funds for training costs, in using the DAS account, and negotiating flexible start dates.
- HR management – handling all HR, insurance, timesheets, interventions and any flexible working arrangements.
- Finance – handling National Insurance, pension and PAYE to enable sole traders to take on an apprentice.
- Safeguarding, guidance and mental health – Dedicated Mentor and Designated Safeguarding Lead.
- Academic supervision – we work with colleges and specialist providers across the region to support our apprentices through to completion and onward progression.
- PR and Social Media – we manage four social media channels reaching key stakeholders across the region.
- Careers activities – we help with mock interviews and careers fairs, raising aspirations and awareness of opportunities in the industry.
- Quality service – e.g., named point of contact for all stakeholders.